Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Vanessa

I know I am terrible at posting on our family blog, but today I have something special to post about. It is my Wife's birthday!!! She always does such a great job on my birthday of making me feel special, and I love her for it. Every year I always try to do the same for her, but always fall short. I think she had an okay birthday anyway. Thank you to everyone who gave her a call to let her know you were thinking of her. She really appreciates those calls.

She told me not to spend a lot of money on her present, so I got her a bunch of boxes of Hot Tamalies. Those are one of her faverite candys. I stacked them up in a pyramid so when she walked down in the morning she could not miss them. My faverite part of giving her presents is seeing her smile. I took a picture of the stack, maybe I can get Vanessa to upload that to the site.

Vanessa loves her little kids, but I thought she could use a break from them. This is the part where I fall short. I thought I would be able to handle the two of them and let her relax a bit. This is really hard because whenever I would be feeding Sullivan or paying attention to him, Drezden would slip off and try to play with her Mother. She loves her Mom so much. There were also a few times when Drezden would get a little grumpy so I would be trying to make her happy and Sullivan would decide it was his turn - and would do his best to make it known the only way he knows how. Luckily I have an understanding wife who was willing to step in - despite it being her day off - and help out her struggling husband. I think next year I might just get a babysitter.

The last part of her present is that she will go see the Twilight movie when it comes out. Last year I got her one of the books and she loved them. Hopefully that will make up for everything today.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Late Birthday Vanessa!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I am so sorry that we couldn't come over and see you last night. It was my sister's wedding and Jeremy had turned off my phone. I hope that it was wonderful!