It was right before the summer of 03 when I was first introduced to Patrick through a staff meeting for Camp Tomahawk. I had no interest in him at first, I had already developed a crush on a couple of the other cute staffers! And these other staffers were closer in age to me. I was 17 and he(Patrick) was 21. Of course he wouldn't be interested in a Senior in High School, but that didn't stop me from hoping maybe something more would happen after camp was said and done. During that summer we flirted and wrote notes back and forth. It was fun, and definitely made camp a more enjoyable experience for the most part, haha that was until he started dating someone the week I went to EFY. She was cute and 19 and out of highschool so naturally he would be interested.
The summer ended and somehow I got his number and called him, and we went on dates, and he would "fall in love" with some other girl and I got put back on the waiting list. Of course I hoped that he would realize that it wouldn't work out and he would see I was the girl for him, but it never worked out that way... It took me 2.5 years to realize that I couldn't invest anymore feelings for him, because I knew in the end my heart would be broken... And it was.
I am happy to say that he is now married and has a beautiful daughter. I every now and again think about him and his family and hope they are happy and doing well.
I don't think anyone forgets their first love and their first heartache, although it didn't end the way my 17, 18, 19, and even 20 year old mind/heart had imagined it would I am glad that my first love was Patrick and that he respected me and prepared me for someone that would love me enough to just be with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment