Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 03- Your Parents

James Milton Neeley was my birth father... when I put it that way it sounds like I was adopted or something. Anyway- He and my mother were married. Twice in fact! He was 39 and my mother was 25 when my twin brother and I were born. From what I remember being told my parents were going through a divorce around the time my brother and I came into this world.
I have heard different stories as to why he wasn't around, but I don't know which is true...
I met him once that I can recall. My mom was taking me and my brother and older sister out to pizza and he was doing laundry and we passed him on the street. My twin remembers my dad picking him up and giving him a hug, me I don't remember more than just passing him on the street. We were probably under the age of 5. But it must be a great memory for Jared to have, because we don't and will not get any other chances to make memories with/of him.
From what I was told he was a great baseball player. Was invited to try out for one of the professional teams right before he inlisted himself in the army and did a tour in Vietnam. I guess some will say he wasn't the same after Nam.
I wish I could tell you more about him. I am sure he would have had interesting stories to tell.
My brother and I always grew up thinking that one day we would meet him and have a relationship with him, but when we were 11 or 12??? can't remember which, my mother for some reason decided it was time we got to know our father and took us to our grandfathers house, and when we got there we got to read an obituary about him instead. And so our dreams of meeting him and getting to know him died right there with the knowledge that he had died.
You would think I would have had more of a reaction to the news... But we just went home and never talked about it again. Instead our dreams of having him in our lives turned into "what ifs" "did he love us?" "did he think about us?". And many nights crying ourselves to sleep. And every now and then I get emotional over it, even after knowing that he has been gone over 10 years I still wonder.
It wasn't until this last year that I was able to see pics of him as a youth, and boy does my twin look just like him, it is uncanny the resemblance. I also learned that he was murdered.
And still even with some questions answered my heart aches for him... just to know that he loved me and thought about me which no one can answer

Sarah Junell Loe- my mother
I wish I could say that my relationship with her was a great one or that we even had a relationship. I was 15 almost 16 when she signed me over to the state of California, due to reasons I will not post here. I still love her despite everything that has happened, but somedays I just want my mom(whoever that is)... but I know that is not going to happen, at least while she is living in her current state.

No comments: